main page contentSkip main page content
Sovereignty and President Trump’s - Deal of the Century
Last week, a critical meeting of the Yesha Council was held to discuss the issue of applying sovereignty in the context of President Trump's plan. The decisions taken were as follows:
• We welcome the positive change in U.S. policy towards Jewish settlement in Judea, Samaria and the Jordan Valley, as reflected in the Pompeo Declaration and President Trump’s speech.
• We implore the new government and the Knesset to act toward the application of sovereignty in Judea, Samaria and the Jordan Valley as soon as possible.
• Applying sovereignty is the responsibility of the State of Israel.
• We oppose any recognition or agreement of any kind to the establishment of a Palestinian state.
• Construction must continue; there must not be a settlement freeze or building restrictions of any kind in any of the Yesha communities.
• Territorial continuity of settlement must be ensured in the sovereignty map. We will oppose any map that will isolate communities or turn them into remote enclaves that cannot develop and grow.